HostGator Web Hosting

Iscore

Saturday 6 June 2015

Can life return to normal after death of spouse?

A month after her husband's sudden death, Sheryl Sandberg has published an emotional post on Facebook. She writes about "the look of fear" in co-workers' eyes when she returned to work and the difficulty of finding "a new normal".

Sheryl Sandberg writes that she has spent moments "lost in that void" after the death of her husband, Dave Goldberg, and is aware that "many future moments will be consumed by the vast emptiness as well".

But the chief operating officer of Facebook also adds: "When I can, I want to choose life and meaning... For me, starting the transition back to work has been a saviour, a chance to feel useful and connected."

When she went back to the office she realised relationships had changed, however. "Many of my co-workers had a look of fear in their eyes as I approached. I knew why - they wanted to help but weren't sure how. Should I mention it? Should I not mention it? If I mention it, what the hell do I say?"

"That's very common," says Anne-Marie Conlan at the Bereavement Center of Westchester in New York state. "People don't know how to react. They don't want to remind you of it, especially if you are having a good day.
Source, :BBC

No comments: