HostGator Web Hosting

Iscore

Tuesday 4 August 2015

I don't care about FIFA, Says Christiano Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo has ruled out concerns over the corruption scandal with Fifa currently and insisted that top players prefer to discuss “women, shoes, haircuts and suitcases” instead.


Ronaldo, who is the Fifa world player of the year, was left out of the Real Madrid squad for the Audi Cup in Munich this week after complaining of a bad back in training.

But in an interview conducted by CNN Espanol during Real’s US tour in which he had hoped to promote a range of headphones he has launched, Ronaldo reacted angrily to interviewer Andres Oppenheimer’s line of questioning and also dismissed concerns over the awarding of the 2022 World Cup to Qatar.

Advertisement

Asked whether he and his team-mates ever discussed the corruption scandal at the game’s governing body, Ronaldo replied: “Do you want me to be honest? It doesn’t worry me at all. I do my profession, my job, I give me all for my club … the rest doesn’t matter to me. I don’t care what happens on the outside.”

Ronaldo is then asked what subjects are on the agenda in the changing room: “About music, about women, about fashion, about shoes, about suitcases/bags, about jewellery, about haircuts … any more you want me to list?”

Oppenheimer then attempts to ask a question about Qatar, whose hosting of the 2022 World Cup is under scrutiny, but is quickly dismissed by the former Manchester United forward, who then storms out of the interview.

“I can’t speak like that,” he says. “This is bullshit. Speak about Fifa, I don’t care about Fifa. And Qatar … I don’t give a fuck. What you want me to do? Speak about product, he speaks about Fifa … come on.”

No comments: